See Pre-Business Program in the College of Business.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Management prepares students for careers as professional managers in corporations, governmental organizations, and small businesses. In addition, the program provides a foundation for graduates who wish to pursue advanced degrees in business and public administration, law, and the social sciences.
The curriculum gives students a broad exposure to the functional areas of business and allows each to select an emphasis area in a subject that is germane to individual career interests. The Management curriculum provides an examination of the social, legal, political, and economic environments in which organizations must operate; an understanding of the functional areas of business and their interrelationships; and a knowledge of behavioral science, applied statistics, and mathematics as they relate to organizational problem solving. The program is accredited by AACSB International.
Students wishing to change majors into the management program must have a 2.0 or higher Clemson/Bridge cumulative grade-point average.
Combined Bachelor of Science/Master of Science Degree Program
Under this plan, students may reduce the time necessary to earn both degrees by applying graduate credits to both undergraduate and graduate program requirements. Students may apply up to 12 hours of graduate credits to both the BS and MS degrees. To be eligible for this program, students must have a 3.4 or higher grade-point average, have completed at least 90 credits of coursework and have been admitted to the Graduate School prior to registering for graduate courses. Students in this program are conditionally accepted to the graduate program until they have completed all BS degree requirements.
Pre-Business Freshman Curriculum
1* Freshman core curriculum class. Students must complete core classes before submitting an Undergraduate Change of Program/Major request from Pre-Business to a business major.
2* The following sequences are acceptable: MATH 1020 /MATH 2070 , MATH 1060 /MATH 1080 , MATH 1060 /MATH 2070 . For each of the four-credit-hour courses taken, one credit will be applied toward the elective credit-hour requirement. Students considering a graduate degree in Economics or related fields should take MATH 1060 /MATH 1080 .
3* See General Education Requirements .
1 Grade of C or better in this course is required for graduation.
2 See General Education Requirements . If this requirement is met through the completion of another General Education requirement, students will have three additional elective hours. Students must complete 120 total hours. Note: Cross- Cultural Awareness Requirement may also be satisfied by some of these courses.
3 Management majors must complete a support area consisting of fifteen hours beyond the coursework required by the management curriculum and the management emphasis area requirement. Students should choose ONE of the following two ways to satisfy this requirement: (1) Declare and complete a minor requiring AT LEAST 15 hours of additional coursework; or (2) Complete 15 hours of coursework selected from the following: Any 3000- or 4000-level course in ACCT, ECON, ELE, FIN, LAW, MGT or MKT; any 2000-level or higher course in ARAB, CHIN, FR, GER, ITAL, JAPN, RUSS, or SPAN; any course selected from the following: AGRB 4210 , BUS 3990 , BUS 4990 , COMM 3610 , COMM 3640 , COMM 4640 , COMM 4800 , CPSC 4620 , NPL 3000 , PHIL 3440 , POSC 3610 , POSC 3620 , PSYC 3640 , PSYC 3680 , PSYC 3690 , PSYC 4350 , PSYC 4710 , SOC 4300
4 Management majors must complete an emphasis area consisting of twelve hours beyond the coursework required by the management curriculum and the support area requirement. Students should choose ONE of the following ways to satisfy this requirement:
- Business Analytics: MGT 3500 , MGT 3510 , MGT 4500 and MGT 4540
- Entrepreneurship: ELE 3010 plus three courses selected from ECON 3210 , ELE 3990 , ELE 4010 , ELE 4020 , ELE 4030 , ELE 4040 , ELE 4050 , ELE 4060 , ELE 4070 , ELE 4080 , MGT 4220 , MGT 4400 , MGT 4970 .
- Human Resource Management: Any four of the following courses, including at least two management courses not already taken in the basic curriculum: MGT 3070 , MGT 4000 , MGT 4160 , MGT 4250 , MGT 4310 , MGT 4350 , MGT 4360 , MGT 4400 , PSYC 3640 , PSYC 3680 , PSYC 3690 , PSYC 4350 , PSYC 4710 .
- International Management: Any four of the following courses: ECON 3100 , FIN 4110 , LAW 4200 , MGT 4240 , MGT 4440 , MGT 4680 , MKT 4270 , POSC 3610 , POSC 3620 ;and any international business courses approved in advance and taken as part of a study abroad experience.
- Management Information Systems: MGT 4110 , MGT 4520 ; and two courses from CPSC 4620 , MGT 4300 (topic must be approved in advance by advisor), MGT 4540 , MGT 4550 , MGT 4560
- Operations Management: MGT 4020 ; and two courses from MGT 4080 , MGT 4110 , MGT 4270 ; and one course from MGT 4040 , MGT 4120 , MGT 4440
- Supply Chain Management: MGT 4120 and MGT 4240 ; and two courses from MGT 3050 , MGT 3170 , MGT 4020 , MGT 4080 , MGT 4270 , MGT 4440 , MKT 4260
- General Management: Any four 3000- or 4000-level MGT or ELE courses
5 MGT 4150 must be taken at Clemson University.
Note: At least 50 percent of the total credits taken in ACCT, ECON, ELE, FIN, LAW, MGT, and MKT must be taken at Clemson University.